Interactive TV Headlines Round-Up (III): Kantar Media, Mariner, Minerva, Netflix, ITV Ad Sync, Rimmel, Channel 4, SecondSync, Tely Labs, Redbox Instant, Warner Bros., Visible Measures, YouTube
Because the [itvt] editorial team is busy working on our upcoming TV of Tomorrow Show event, TVOT NYC Intensive (December 10th in New York City--Fall-Discount pricing ends midnight, October 31st!), we are covering stories in this issue in headlines format:
- Kantar Media Study: Number of Adults in UK Watching On-Demand TV via Connected-TV Sets and Mobile Devices Is Growing, While On-Demand Viewing via PC's and Laptops "Has Peaked"
- ATMC Cable TV and North State Communications Select Mariner xVu to Monitor Service Quality on their Microsoft Mediaroom IPTV Deployments
- Minerva Unveils New Version of its iTVFusion 5 Video Services Platform, Billing it as Offering "a More Personal, Engaging and Social Experience across Set-Top Boxes, Personal Computers, Tablets and Smartphones"
- Netflix Claims to Have Over 30 Million Streaming Subscribers, Including 25 Million+ in US; Company Launches Windows 8 App
- Rimmel London Will Be First Advertiser to Use UK Broadcaster ITV's New "Ad Sync" Second-Screen Advertising Format; Rimmel Ad Will Appear on Second-Screen App for "The X Factor" in Sync with TV Commercial
- UK Broadcaster, Channel 4, in Deal with Social-TV Analytics Company, SecondSync
- Comcast Ventures, Rogers Venture Partners Invest $15 Million in Video-Conferencing Company, Tely Labs
- Verizon-Coinstar Streaming Joint-Venture, Redbox Instant by Verizon, in Multi-Year Content-Licensing Deal with Warner Bros. Home Entertainment
- Visible Measures Launches "Center of Excellence for Cross Media Impact," Billed as "a Research Center Focused on Reporting the Business Impact of Choice-Based Video Campaigns Run in Concert with Existing Mainstream Media Like Television or Online Video Advertising"; Publishes "Cross Media Impact" Research Study
- YouTube Launches Annotations-Powered "InVideo Programming" Promotional Tool
- Google Redesigning YouTube to Make its Look-and-Feel More Consistent with Other Google Properties
Netlifx on Windows 8
YouTube Annotations Promotion Tool