Interactive TV Headlines Round-Up (II): Dish, Blockbuster, Gannett, Easel TV, Ooyala, PayWizard, Loft London, eOne, Aurasma, FCC, FilmOn.TV, Fujitsu, Google TV, Washington Post, Harris, CableLabs
Because the [itvt] editorial team is busy working on our upcoming TV of Tomorrow Show event, TVOT NYC Intensive (December 10th in New York City), we are covering stories in this issue in headlines format:
- Dish Network's Charlie Ergen Abandons Plans to Transform Blockbuster into a Netflix Instant-Streaming Competitor
- Dish Network Claims Gannett Broadcasting Has Threatened to Withdraw Programming from its Platform unless it Removes its Hopper DVR's "AutoHop" Ad-Skipping Feature
- Easel TV Launches Connected-TV App Framework; Partners Include Ooyala, PayWizard, Loft London; App Framework "Provides an Easy and Cost-Effective Entry Point for Rights Holders to Take Advantage of the Opportunities Connected TV's Provide"
- Entertainment One (eOne) Teams with Aurasma to Launch "eOne PLUS" Augmented Reality App; App Recognizes Real-World Objects, Overlays them with Video, 3D Animations and Virtual Objects; Will Be Used to Promote eOne's Films and TV Shows
- FCC Publishes 14th "Annual Assessment of the Status of Competition in the Market for the Delivery of Video Programming"
- FilmOn.TV in Joint Venture with ABC Commercial Australia to Launch ABC-Branded, Linear, Internet-TV Channel
- Fujitsu Demo's Light-Based Ad-Transmission Technology
- Google Play Movies, TV Shows and Music to Launch on Google TV
- Washington Post Launches "PostTV" App on Google TV
- Harris Demo's Dynamic Linear Advertising at CableLabs InterOp Event