Interactive TV Headlines Round-Up (II): Envivio, G-cluster, Orange Group, GetGlue, GSN, Hisense, Opera, ITV, MediaMall, Netflix, Netgem, never.no
Because the [itvt] editorial team is busy working on our upcoming TV of Tomorrow Show event, TVOT NYC Intensive (December 10th in New York City), we are covering stories in this issue in headlines format:
- Envivio Muse Encoders Power Live OTT Streaming Service for Sky News Arabia
- G-cluster Global in Cloud-Gaming Partnership with Orange Group
- Season Two of ABC's "Once Upon a Time" Breaks Social-TV Records on GetGlue
- GSN Hires Ex-Zynga EVP, Jeff Karp, as EVP of Mobile and Social Games; Will Oversee Network's Virtual Currency Business across Platforms
- LED TV Vendor, Hisense, to Use Opera's Device SDK for Linux Devices, HTML5 Engine, to Power "Personalized TV-Viewing Experience"
- UK Broadcaster ITV: Custom Second-Screen Interactive TV Apps Generate More Engagement with Programming than Facebook or Twitter
- MediaMall Technologies' PlayLater Software Lets Users Transfer Recorded Videos to Android, Windows and BlackBerry Devices; Feature Launched on iOS Devices in August
- Netflix Launches "Just for Kids" User Interface on iPad
- Netgem Taps Ex-Technicolor Exec, Romain Waller, to Head New Connected-Home Products Division
never.no Appoints Ex-CNN Exec, Stephen Knell, as Director of Creative Services; Will Work on "Innovative Executions of Social Media and Interactive Resources, Including Effective Uses in Broadcast, Infographics, Interactive and Virtual design"