Interactive TV Headlines Round-Up (IV): Smartclip, TalkTalk, YouView, thePlatform, Mediacom, TiVo, UPC Ireland, will.i.am, WiOffer, XOS Digital, Yahoo!, IntoNow, Youtoo, YouTube
Because the [itvt] editorial team is busy working on our upcoming TV of Tomorrow Show event, TVOT NYC Intensive (December 10th in New York City), we are covering stories in this issue in headlines format:
- Smartclip Teams with Research Now on Study of Connected-TV Users; Finds 26% of Respondents are "Always Online" While Watching TV
- TalkTalk Launches its Implementation of the YouView Hybrid-TV Platform
- thePlatform Launches Drupal Module for its mpx Platform
- Mediacom Taps TiVo for Whole-Home TV Solution; Will Launch in Early 2013
- UPC Ireland Launches Social-TV Application, "TV Buzz"
- will.i.am: TV Networks Need to Integrate More Interactivity into their Shows
- WiOffer Launches WiO Second-Screen App with Consumer-Facing Ad Campaign; App Uses ACR, Nuance-Powered Speech Recognition, and Geo-Targeting to Let Users Interact with Commercials
- XOS Digital to Build and Manage Branded YouTube Channels for its Collegiate Athletic Partners
- Yahoo!'s ACR-Powered IntoNow App Launches "Elections Dashboard"
- Youtoo in Deal with KoldCast Entertainment to Bring Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) to its Interactive TV Network
- YouTube Updates its "Leanback" Connected-TV Interface