Interactive TV Headlines Round-Up (II): FilmOn, Technicolor, Magic Ruby, Second Screen Solutions, MPG, Mediaocean, Rentrak, Music Choice, Comcast, RadioactiveGiant, Revision3, Roku
As most of you are probably aware, [itvt]'s daily news reporting was on hiatus for a few weeks, because our editorial team was working on the TV of Tomorrow Show and then taking a post-event break. We are covering the news we have missed via a series of headline round-ups, and will then resume daily news production. We expect it will take us a few more days to catch up with all recent developments, so if you have sent us a press release or briefed us about a piece of news, and don't yet see it covered here, please bear with us.
- FilmOn Pays Broadcasters $1.6 Million Settlement, Vows to Keep Operating Despite Injunction
- Technicolor-Backed Second-Screen Social-TV Company, Magic Ruby, Launches; Will Leverage Technicolor's MediaEcho Technology, Second Screen Solutions' "Advertising Expertise"
- MPG, 4A's, Mediaocean, Rentrak Team to Publish Directory of Networks Selling VOD Advertising
- Music Choice's New MCU Channel to Feature Extensive Social Media Presence
- Public Knowledge Says Comcast Broadband Data Cap for Xfinity TV on Xbox Violates Conditions of NBCU Merger
- RadioactiveGiant Opens Studio in Atlanta
- Online Video Network, Revision3, Unveils Six New Shows
Hitachi, Haier, Insignia (Best Buy), Mitsubishi Among CE Companies Developing Devices for Roku's New Streaming Stick