"Good Wayfinding: Programming Discovery and Recommendations" at The TV of Tomorrow Show 2012
[itvt] is pleased to present a video recording of the session, "Good Wayfinding: Programming Discovery and Recommendations," which was one of the highlights of The TV of Tomorrow Show 2012 (June 12th-13th).
The session was described in the show brochure as follows:
"This session will attempt to map the inter-relationships between the various elements, such as software algorithms, metadata and information architecture, that make for efficient programming discovery and accurate programming recommendations--and that thus allow viewers to find their way through the ever-increasing amount of TV programming and other video content now available to them.
Panelists will explore such issues as: The relationship of algorithmic-based and social search in the TV space; using closed captioning to facilitate programming discovery; privacy issues surrounding personalized recommendations; best practices for presenting search results and recommendations to the end-user; the business implications of improved programming and recommendations technologies; and the current and future impact of these technologies on the user interface and user experience of television."
- Sefy Ariely, VP of Sales and Marketing, Orca Interactive
- Eoin Dowling, CEO, Boxfish
- Richard Dowling, VP of Product Services, ThinkAnalytics
- Yosi Glick, CEO, Jinni
- Gerard Kunkel, Media Strategy Advisor, Microsoft (Moderator)
- Alex Vikati, Executive Director of Product Strategy and Innovation, Tribune Media Services/CastTV
- John Zelenka, EVP of Revenue, Digitalsmiths