Interactive TV Headlines Round-Up (I): Toshiba, Intel, Cisco, NDS, Civolution, Cox, NBC, Epix, Xbox, "Star Trek," Feist, Mastodon, Fox, Yahoo!, eTF1, Atos
As most of you are probably aware, [itvt]'s daily news reporting was on hiatus for a few weeks, because our editorial team was working on the TV of Tomorrow Show and then taking a post-event break. We are covering the news we have missed via a series of headline round-ups, and will then resume daily news production. We expect it will take us a few more days to catch up with all recent developments, so if you have sent us a press release or briefed us about a piece of news, and don't yet see it covered here, please bear with us.
- "The Beauty Inside," Social and Interactive Film Backed by Toshiba and Intel, Set to Launch on Facebook August 16th
- Cisco Completes $5 Billion Acquisition of NDS
- Civolution to Showcase New "SyncNow-Smart Services" Offering at IBC
- Comcast Ventures Leads $12 Million Series-C Investment in Celebrity Media-Management Company, WhoSay
- Cox Offering NBC's "Olympic Spotlight" Interactive TV Mosaic Channel
- Epix Previews Xbox App with "Star Trek" Celebration
- Feist, Mastodon Partner on HTML5-Powered Interactive Music Video
- Fox Teams with Yahoo! for "New Girl" Catch-Up; Launches Social "New Girl" Web Site Featuring Exclusive Content
France's eTF1 Selects Atos Worldline to Power Connected-TV Voting App for "Secret Story 6"