Interactive TV Headlines Round-Up (V): Two Way Limited, Samsung, Priority One, Virgin Media, TiVo, "Star Trek," Yahoo! Connected TV, Sony, CrowdOptic, UKTV, BSkyB, TalkTalk, YouView
As most of you are probably aware, [itvt]'s daily news reporting was on hiatus for a few weeks, because our editorial team was working on the TV of Tomorrow Show and then taking a post-event break. We are covering the news we have missed via a series of headline round-ups, and will then resume daily news production. We expect it will take us a few more days to catch up with all recent developments, so if you have sent us a press release or briefed us about a piece of news, and don't yet see it covered here, please bear with us.
- Two Way Limited in Connected-TV Wagering Deal with Samsung
- Two Way Limited CEO Steps Down
- Two Way Limited Abandons Proposed Merger with Priority One
- Virgin Media's TiVo-Powered Hybrid-TV Service Passes Million-Subscriber Milestone
- Virgin Media Launches TiVo-Powered Apps for Teletext Holidays, "Phineas and Ferb" and "Star Trek"
- Yahoo! Connected TV, Sony Roll Out Range of Sports and Entertainment Apps on Sony Bravia TV's via Yahoo! Broadcast Interactivity
- Yahoo! Launches Connected TV App Development Kit v1.3, Featuring "Device Communication" and Open Source Mobile Libraries to Facilitate Integration of Second-Screen Devices with Connected TV
- CrowdOptic Integrates its Live-Event Technology with Yahoo! Connected TV
- Yahoo! Connected TV Enhances Olympics Coverage with "Beyond Gold" App
- UKTV, BSkyB in Deals to Launch Channels on TalkTalk's YouView Implementation