Interactive TV Headlines Round-Up (II): Entropic, Technicolor, Comcast, Harmonic, Hillcrest Labs, TCL, Hulu, IMN Systems, In Demand, Infosys, Microsoft Xbox SmartGlass, "Game of Thrones"
As most of you are probably aware, [itvt]'s daily news reporting was on hiatus for a few weeks, because our editorial team was working on the TV of Tomorrow Show and then taking a post-event break. We are covering the news we have missed via a series of headline round-ups, and will then resume daily news production. We expect it will take us a few more days to catch up with all recent developments, so if you have sent us a press release or briefed us about a piece of news, and don't yet see it covered here, please bear with us.
- Entropic, Technicolor Power HD Video-Calling/Social TV for Comcast
- Entropic Silicon and Software Integrated with Comcast's Reference Design Kit (RDK)
- Hong Kong's now TV, Belgium's Alpha Networks Tap Harmonic for Multiscreen OTT
- Hillcrest Labs Tapped to Bring Natural User Interface Technologies to TCL's Connected TV's
- Hulu Revamps its Video Player
- IMN Systems Launches "Simul TV" Social-TV Service
- In Demand to Launch Spanish-Language VOD and PPV Service
- Infosys Demo's Natural User Interface Concepts at Cable Show
- Microsoft Unveils Xbox SmartGlass, Linking Second-Screen Devices to the TV
Microsoft Demo's SmartGlass-Powered Second-Screen Interactive TV App for "Game of Thrones"