Interactive TV Headlines Round-Up (I): Accedo, Terra, ACTV8.ME, BBC Red Button, BBC Interactive Video Player, BBC Facebook App, BBC iPlayer "Live Restart"
As most of you are probably aware, [itvt]'s daily news reporting was on hiatus for a few weeks, because our editorial team was working on the TV of Tomorrow Show and then taking a post-event break. We are covering the news we have missed via a series of headline round-ups, and will then resume daily news production. We expect it will take us a few more days to catch up with all recent developments, so if you have sent us a press release or briefed us about a piece of news, and don't yet see it covered here, please bear with us.
- Accedo Develops Social TV-Enabled Connected-TV App for Brazilian ISP Terra, Providing 20 Live Channels of Olympics Coverage, plus Catch-Up Services
- ACTV8.ME Launches Second-Screen App for Shine America's Fox Network Reality Show, "MasterChef"
- BBC Unveils Plans for New "Connected" Red Button that "Seamlessly Brings Together Broadcast and Online Television"
- BBC Launches Olympics App for iPhone and Android
- BBC's Head of User Experience and Design for Sport Discusses Design Philosophy behind Corporation's Cross-Platform Olympics Coverage
- BBC Launches Interactive Video Player for 2012 Olympics
- BBC Sport Launches Social-TV App for Facebook, Featuring up to 24 Streams
BBC iPlayer Launches "Live Restart" Functionality