Turner Sports Trumpets Success of its Multiplatform Coverage of NBA Regular Season
Turner Sports last week released viewership/usage statistics for its multiplatform coverage of the 2009-10 NBA regular season. According to the company (which jointly manages NBA Digital and the latter's line-up of broadband video and mobile offerings with the NBA):
- NBA.com has streamed a record 1 billion videos worldwide since the end of last season, representing a 65% increase in video views for the site.
- NBA.com also averaged a record of over 52 million global monthly unique visitors during the season.
- NBA Mobile, which Turner says offers over 100 applications on multiple platforms, has delivered over 1.7 million downloads since the launch of NBA Game Time a year ago.
- Page views of the NBA Mobile WAP increased by 175% during the season.
- TNT delivered the most watched NBA regular season on cable since 1995-96, in terms of households (1,315,000), total viewers (1,723,000) and P18-34 (544,000). According to Turner Sports, TNT enjoyed its third straight year of growth in households and total viewers.
- 53 NBA games on TNT delivered a 1.1 US rating.
(Note: For more on Turner Sports' plans for multiplatform coverage of the NBA Playoffs, see the article published on itvt.com, April 13th.)